Monday, May 16, 2016

Wissahickon Creek Fishing (5-9-16)

On Monday, May 9th, 2016, I went to the Wissahickon Creek (as you can probably tell, the Wissahickon is my go-to spot because it is close and I love it) for a short session. I originally had plans of targeting smallmouth bass, but instead I decided to go for trout and one little redbreast sunfish. I used earthworms on a small jig below a dam for the trout (the sunfish was caught on the same setup, but above the dam). I took one of the trout home to eat for dinner and released the other one. This was also my first brown trout that I was able to get a picture of (I accidentally let the first one go when I was walking to my camera). Check below for photos of the trip!



This is the trout I kept


The redbreast sunfish


The second trout I caught (he was released)


This is the finished trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment