Saturday, May 21, 2016

Schuylkill River Fishing (5-15-16)

On Sunday, May 15th, 2016, I went down to the Schuylkill River to do a little bit of fishing. I was going for whatever would bite. I fished for a couple of hours and the fishing ended up being pretty slow. However, I did catch one fish, which happened to be the first fish that I caught in the Schuylkill River. I went with my dad and started the day a little bit below the Fairmount Dam. The tide was actually super low when we came and we were able to go down the river. After a little while, the tide started rising, so we walked up to the dam and fished there for awhile. I caught one redbreast sunfish on an earthworm on a small jig. I stayed there for a little more than and hour and decided to got across the river to the area by the fish ladder. Though, when we got there, there was no place to park and we ended up going up river to the East Falls area. We only stayed there for 30 minutes or so. I tried for smallmouth bass with a wacky rigged senko and caught nothing.



My first Schuylkill River fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment