Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Wissahickon Creek Fishing (5-20-16)

On Friday, May 20th, 2016, I went down to the Wissahickon Creek to do a little bit of fishing. I went to the dam close to the Valley Green Inn. The first fish that I caught was a green sunfish, which was caught right below the dam. I then found a couple of largemouth bass above the dam and managed to catch one on the Gulp! Alive minnow. After my largemouth encounter I quickly caught a redbreast sunfish to increase the amount of species I had for that day. I then tried for trout and almost got one from under the dam, but he got off as I was bringing him up. I decided to go a bit downstream to where the water calmed down and there were many trout surfacing. I ended up catching a rock bass but no trout. I think the trout would have preferred a dry fly rather than my tiny nightcrawler. Obviously I would have stayed later, but it was pretty much dark and I had to get back, so I called it a night before I could land a trout. However, this was an overall great session, considering that I found some nice Wissahickon largemouth.



This is not the best picture, but this was the pretty green sunfish


Definitely not the biggest out of the group of them, but still a beautiful fish


What is a Wissahickon fishing session without a colorful redbreast sunfish?!


Sorry for the terrible picture quality (my phone was acting weird), but here is the cute rock bass

No comments:

Post a Comment