Saturday, June 11, 2016

Manayunk Canal Fishing (6-6-16)

On Monday, June 6th, 2016, I had my last final exam and then headed to the canal. I had a pretty slow, but very successful day. The original plan was to catch a carp, so I set up one rod for carp. I then to out my 5'6" light action rod and put on a little jighead with an earthworm. Immediately, on my first cast with the worm, I caught a huge largemouth bass. I did not weigh the fish, but I think he was at least 3 pounds. I had no action with the carp rod, except for one point, there were a few carp eating my chum and I came kind of close to catching one. After not much action, I packed my bag and started heading to the Flat Rock Dam, but when I crossed over the bridge to the bike path, I saw some other guys fishing. I asked them what they were going for and they said crappie. I had not caught a crappie before, so I wanted to catch one. I set up a little minnow on a jighead with a bobber and started jigging. I ended up catching one pretty large white crappie, which was pretty awesome! It may have been a pretty slow day, but it was definitely a great day!



My large bass


My first crappie (a white crappie)

No comments:

Post a Comment